I : I • Erza Kenny

"Ladies and gentleman, first and foremost, welcome to my mansion. It is an honour to be given a privilege to gather all of you, detectives across this european continent."

"Tonight, I wish to borrow your wisdom to solve a riddle. If I am to be honest, this riddle has baffled my mind over more than 20 years. Before this life of mine hit its dead end, I truly am glad if someone could solve them. Also, if I may speak frankly, this riddle will led you to a treasure."

The atmosphere of the mansion suddenly turn 180 degree. Well, to say it turn 360 degree will make no sense, as it meant nothing change.

Let me begin by telling you a bit of who I am. The rest will be told slowly but surely throughout the course of this mystery genre novel.

My name is Erza Kenny. I am 16 years old. Well, guess I'm a detective.

Right now, I am in the middle of gathering of the world renowned detectives invited from across the continent of Europe.

Although I was not in the list of invitation, one way or another, I was able to slip pass the front entrance of this huge mansion where the gathering took place.

Why am I here anyway? Ahem. Maybe it will be better to start with the owner of this mansion.

It seems there was this riddle owned by him which he wanted to solve. Something about the box? Anyway, as he failed to figure a way, he decided to invite exactly 50 detectives from across europe to come and to solve them.

The invitation card meant for my granfather who was also a detective happened to be delivered to my house. My grandfather's name, Benedict Kenny, was mentioned on the card.

My school was closed for a month as it needed reconstruction due to the light earthquake coming from around the north edge of chezchia, the country where I reside. It was really weird as to how this cmall country actually suffered an earthquake, as it should be away from an area with high seismic risk. Some says a small meteor fell. But then again, who cares.

In short, seeing as how I don't have anything better to do in this second day of holiday other than to cope up in my room reading books all day, I disguised as my grandfather so as to carry the good name of this family.

Ahem, actually it was a lie. I don't give a damn at all. If I wanted to describe this family of mine with just a word, it will be, 'Whatsoever.' At five, my mother left this world. At seven, my father left me at my grandfather care saying he wanted to travel around the world. It has been nine years since hearing my father's word.

A week back, my grandfather had been commissioned to reinvestigate a cases and went to Belgium. He told me he will be away for several days. I don't know how long was that several day, but that's why the invitation didn't reach my grandfather.

And that's why I was able to disguise without him knowing. What piqued my interest was those riddle mentioned in the invitation card that lured me into joining this gathering.

~Those who solve the riddle will be granted a treasure~

Who will reject such offer, right?

But to be honest, I was already caught the moment I step foot in this mansion.

An hour ago, as I step further into the mansion entrance, the invitation list which the butler used to identify the guest slipped off his hands. I helped pick the list up and quickly hand it over to the butler, "Here."

Upon a quick glance on the butler face, *Oh, shoot! Isn't this butler Mr. Derry Koin, our school chaperoen?*

"Oh, thank you, sir.", said Derry Koin. Upon a closer look to me, the butler find a closer resemblance to someone. He asked,

Mr. Derry Koin : "What is your name, sir?"

"My name is Mr. Kenny."

The butler look over the list and found it.

Mr. Derry Koin : "Oh hoo, Mr. Benedict Kenny, our country representative. Have you got the invitation card then?"

"Here it is."

The butler took them off my hand, and asked,

Mr. Derry Koin : "If I may ask, do you got any grandchild goes to the school of this town?"

Man, I taught that if a wrong lie were to be told, it might be seen through instantly. It was better to act as Mr. Benedict, through and through.

"Yes, my grandchild Erza goes to that school."

The butler chuckles quite a bit,

Mr. Derry Koin : "Hoho, that is why I find you to have close resemblance to someone. Erza Kenny is actually your granchild!"

Mr. Derry Koin : "Please, you are welcomed to step inside, sir."

"Oh yes, thank you."

Just when I think my disguising plan was a success, the butler intentionally clear his throat.

Mr. Derry Koin : "Ahem, no trouble, fine?"

"Err, I understand, sir."

Busted.

Comments